em Loving u without boundaries...: another meaningful vesak day

Friday, May 12, 2006

another meaningful vesak day

Went for the 3 steps 1 bow ritual just now. In my opinion it is a very meaningful activity for oneself, to test your endurance and determination. Nothing is impossible if you have the perseverance. And when you see pple perspiring profusely and still persevere to walk, or some elderly who's limping but yet struggle to kneel down without fail... their determination will certainly touched anyone....

hope to be able to share with darling and bring her here one day to experience all these for herself...

my mum and i kneeled all the way, and papa today is very good. He was with us all the way too, although he didn't kneel, he stand all the way. It's a first for him, and i think it's commendable that he finally have the patience to go through the ritual le. for the past ten over years, if he accompanied us there, he will just wander about the place and wait till we're done.

there are firsts for me too, it's the first time i recite the chant throughout the ritual. It's rather breathless to perform the actions and to sing the chant at the same time. But this year i made it :).

Another thing is the downpour, it's a first for me and mum and dad. It was a heavy rain somemore, our clothes and shoes were all soaked. And hair is machiam like mad dog like tat, dripping with rain water.

Another thing which i tried but did not succeed is to touch the floor with my head each time we kneeled down. Sometimes when we pass by puddles of water or muddy area, err... i didn't do so. Cos when my head touches the wet floor, my hair will be dipped onto the water on the floor, and when i stand up, those water will drip into my face and eyes... painful siah... got sore eyes somemore... but nonetheless... i hope to be able to overcome it next time... i shall improve something each year.

I also donated the $50 from the cabbie le... when i told my mama, she was agreeable also. i think she admire dear's sense of benevolence. see darling, i so good help you score points again! :)

for the event, we queued for 2 hours and the walk took 2 hours...
before i know it, it's been almost ten yrs since we attend this event annually...

yeah dear it's definitely fun :) my knees is only starting to wobble now... hehehe....

gave me a little scare when you seemed to be talking little to me today... i hope everything is fine.... love ya baby......

your hair long le... and your white hair come out le...... sigh.... makes me sad..... although i know it's genetic.... but still whenever i see white hair on you and mama, it will make me very sad.... silly girl.... sigh.

good night night le baby... sweet dreams of anything thing nice!
yesterday i dreamt of my primary school favourite pe cum maths teacher!! We had a good conversation in the dream... nice!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home