em Loving u without boundaries...: Save what face?

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Save what face?

Edited on 17 Nov, 10:45am

I have this thing for Asian American films. Indie American ones also.
Especially this is a romantic comedy! A genre which i'm a big sucker for.. hah.

This is a bitter-sweet kind of love, with a happy ending. Yeah.
Love can be this sweet and simple, yes.

It's a bonus that the two leads look good too.
I came across a music video the show. Romanticca. If anyone's interested, I can forward the URL to you. Some R21 scenes.

I love this particular scene of both leads meeting each other with a fence separating them. With the disturbing fence blocking their views of each other, their eyes still poured the desire and closeness for each other, good acting ladies.

The Director's (Alice Wu) note:
"I wrote Saving Face as a love-letter to my mother. The character of Ma beings the movie as a woman with all major decisions in life seemingly made; at 48, she has lived a proper life and is now essentially just living to die. That she ultimately breaks with tradition and lives on her own terms is a truimph I wanted my mother --- and the world to see.

I supposed if there is one thing I am trying to say with this film, it is that no matter who you are -- Asian or black, gay or straight, young or old -- that everyone basically wants to love -- and that love can start at any point of your life that you want it to. I made Saving Face because I want my mother to know that it was never too late to fall in love for the first time. And that is not by doing things right, but by sometimes getting them wrong, that we launch the journey that allows us to come into our own."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home